Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 131 No Freeloaders Allowed
- Augustus was evidently angry as he stared at me without any expression on his face. I was rendered flustered by his gaze. No matter what I said, he wouldn't change his mind.
- We stood in silence for a while. I dared not meet his gaze, but I could sense that he couldn't wait to gobble me up and have his way with me.
- The sounds of heels clicking on the ground appeared just in time to break the silence.
- “Good evening, Mr. Adler,” Mannie greeted politely.
- She gazed at me right after that. Mannie was experienced enough in life to know what was going on as I was standing quietly in front of Augustus.
- Augustus ignored her, so she spun on her heels to leave.