Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 30 I Tried
- I came inside, full of intent to flip the table and lay down my cards with them. But, when I saw my parents’ smiles, I couldn’t bring myself to do it.
- Flipping the table itself can be easily done. But, how I would handle what happens afterwards, I haven’t thought that far yet.
- And, more importantly, that smile on my parent’s face, I couldn’t bear to sweep them away just like that.
- So, I held back.
- Throughout the entire meal.
- Damn that weasel Ho Cong, he knew exactly that my parents are my soft spots and that I could never abandon them, so he got them here to make sure that I would at least keep up with the pretense.