Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 39 Dinner Time
- “I stumbled when I ran away from him. I need to go to the doctor tomorrow to check my feet. But tonight, I will have dinner with Constantine.”
- From her stare, my mother seemed to disapprove of me going with the man she didn’t know. But Constantine saved me from Kenneth. So, it was the least I could do to appreciate his help.
- “Are you sure you want to leave tonight? It’ll be better to go when you have recovered.”
- I shook my head. “It’s okay, mom. Besides, it’s just dinner, nothing else.”
- Constantine smiled. “No worries, Mrs. Ross. I will send your daughter home as soon as we have finished eating. I promise.”
- Finally, my mother nodded and told me to enjoy the dinner. Then, we went to the most prestigious restaurant in Moon City. Though my feet weren’t quite well, I managed to walk, though slowly.