Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 9 Udora's Fate in My Hands
- I tried to pull away from Mathis, but his light grip turned biting. “Ouch!”
- I have to get out of here.
- “Now, now Spitfire…Haven’t we discussed this?”
- He means that he’s in charge and I’m helpless. I thought in terror.
- “This is all because you want to make love to me?” I asked tenuously. Utterly confused at the length he was going to press the issue.
- “Love?” He scoffed. “Not in the least. I don’t make love. I’m no hero for a lady to fall in love with.” He said it with such derision his meaning was clear. “Haven’t you figured that out by now?”