Chapter 5 He Must Be a Nightclub Star!
- Someone around them exclaimed, “Who are you? Why are you taking the executives’ elevator?”
- “I’m sorry. I’m here for a job interview, and I’m in a rush,” Courtney answered while trying to get up. Unexpectedly, she moved too hastily, causing her long wavy hair to get twisted around the man’s shirt button.
- Her hair was pulled so hard that her scalp hurt. While she fell again, she happened to place her hands on the man’s chest.
- As if she had gotten an electric shock, Courtney uttered hurriedly, “I-I’m sorry! I’m not touching you on purpose!”
- The elevator was suddenly silent for two seconds.
- The next instant, several people in the elevator didn’t know whether to laugh or to frown. However, the frosty expression of this ‘big shot’ made them quickly cover their mouths and forcibly hold back their laughter.
- Alexander visibly froze for a second. He couldn’t help knitting his brows, for he had never run into such a ridiculous situation.
- “I’m sorry! I’m really sorry… C-Can you lend me a hand?” Courtney desperately tried to free her hair from the entanglement, but her hair got twisted more tightly around the button when she moved.
- She was so nervous that her palms were sweating.
- Alexander couldn’t help feeling that this lady felt strongly familiar, but he had never seen her before. Her tender hands kept scratching at him, as if trying to arouse him. Strangely, despite the fact that he suffered from serious mysophobia, he wasn’t repulsed.
- After being silent for a second, he lowered his head and unwound her hair from the button with his thin and long fingers at her request.
- “Don’t move; relax.” His voice sounded cool and distant.
- This voice… sounds so familiar!
- Courtney was stunned.
- She suddenly recalled that night in the hotel five years ago. When she opened her eyes in a daze, she couldn’t see clearly what the man looked like in the dim light, but she caught a faint glimpse of his rose-colored lips.
- He told her to relax, only to thrust his member into her even harder after that.
- Courtney instantly went red in the face as those erotic scenes crossed her mind. Oh, my God! Am I pining for man? Why would I recall all these?!
- Not getting a response, she could no longer resist her curiosity, so she quietly looked at the man.
- He was dressed in an expensive handmade suit that set off his attractive long legs. He looked noble and cool, and his tightly compressed lips, though good-looking, showed a hint of aloofness.
- “Miss.” His assistant quickly came to his senses. Recalling that Courtney had just thrown herself at Alexander, he said coldly, “What you said about being in a rush was probably an excuse. You just wanted to accost him, didn’t you?”
- Courtney was still confused when the man next to her lowered his head and glanced at her from the corner of his eye.
- Many women had come and gone around him over these years—they had indeed racked their brains to get close to him, but he hadn’t been interested in women since that incident five years ago.
- The only woman he’d ever had a one-night stand with was perhaps the woman he had slept with by mistake that same year. She was also the biological mother of his son.
- As Alexander recalled this lady’s movements just now—which apparently appeared to be a deliberate attempt to come into contact with him—the steeliness and disgust in his eyes grew.
- I was nearly fooled by the woman in front of me, he thought to himself.
- Courtney was displeased. “What’s with that look in your eyes?! I said I’m in a rush!”
- I have just thanked him from the bottom of my heart for getting me out of the fix just now!
- The man no longer wanted to pay attention to her, though. He ordered indifferently, “Josh, press the floor button.”
- Josh, his assistant, pressed the elevator button to the nearest floor. When the elevator door opened, he asked Courtney to go out. “Lady, please go down from here, and don’t pull such tricks again next time!”
- “Please, I really wasn’t—” Courtney wanted to explain herself, but the assistant asked her to exit the elevator with an uncompromising attitude.
- Courtney clenched her teeth and gave Alexander a glare. As she exited the elevator, she muttered, “Who does he think he is? It’s so funny that they accused me of accosting him! His skin looks so fair and clear; one can tell at a glance that he must be a nightclub star!”
- Her voice wasn’t low enough, so Josh looked horrified upon hearing what she said.
- Is this interviewee courting death? H-How could she say that our President Duncan here is a nightclub star?
- Josh’s limbs trembled due to the forbidding aura that emanated from the man next to him. Not daring to look at the man, he said in a quavering voice, “I’ll call the security guards right away and tell them to come up and handle this!”
- “That’s too much of a hassle.” Alexander withdrew his gaze as the elevator door closed.
- For some reason, he found himself interested in this lady as her words were still ringing in his ears. How could she accuse me of being a nightclub star after getting her hair twisted around my shirt button on purpose? Interesting!
- He narrowed his eyes, but his voice sounded deeper and colder than it was earlier. He wanted to see if this lady could shine at her job interview. “Call George and tell him that I’ll be there for the interview at 10.00AM.”
- “Yes, President Duncan.”
- When Courtney arrived at the reception room, she caught sight of the huge crowd of people. She suddenly found herself under great stress, for more people than she had imagined were applying for the job.
- She found a random place and stood next to a few conversing women.
- “Hey, did you hear that President Duncan will be here for today’s interview too?”