Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 39 Pitiful
- Lucy gave Gwendolyn a hug. “Let's go. Zayden offered to send us to the hospital.”
- They walked toward Zayden's car. Zayden stood beside the car, gazing at Gwendolyn intently.
- Lucy asked softly, “Zayden has been pursuing you for years. Don't you have any feelings for him?”
- Gwendolyn looked at the man clad in a brown suit. Zayden was good-looking and had a good family background, making him a great candidate for a husband.
- However, Gwendolyn had always treated him only as a friend and had never had any extra feelings for him. Besides, she did not want to burden him.
- She had met his family as well, and they wanted him to marry a woman of similar social status as them. His family did not like her either. They secretly gave her a cheque, asking her to leave Zayden.