Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 708 The Defensive Woman
- Once she had the angle of the patient's bed adjusted, she returned with a portable desk for the patient's convenience.
- “Mr. Hayes, go ahead and finish your meal.”
- Once again, things got increasingly tense as he ignored her and the light refreshment she had gotten him.
- After a few minutes of awkward silence, she glanced at the man and suggested, “M-Mr. Hayes, am I supposed to leave you alone? If you're irked by my presence, I'll leave at once!”
- She thought his scrunched-up face had something to do with others' presence in the ward. Thus, she looked elsewhere and thought of leaving the man alone.
- It was then a nurse showed up and asked, “Dr. West, where are you going? Aren't you going to feed Mr. Hayes his glass of milk?”