- Do you think he has a mistress? And can it be the blonde in the middle of pole dancing? – I asked, now even more curious.
- Cindy? He shook his head. – Well, Heitor Casanova is engaged. And the probability of you finding his bride in Babylon is almost zero. But of all his cases, Cindy is the most serious.
- The cases? Well, I'd heard about his hot cocksucker syndrome. But that Cindy girl treated me like she was the real owner of everything, believe me.
- I don't know how you got to Mr. Casanova... Honestly, this is very difficult. But Cindy really acts like she owns everything. She knows the appreciation the boss has for her.
- And the bride?
- Well, I don't know anything about her. Google can tell you something.
- Cindy is the middle dancer of pole dance, right?
- Herself. But we don't talk much. She is treated almost like a celebrity by everyone. And it doesn't mix with the Babylonian officials, even if it is one. Like I said, she's the fucking owner's doll. I'm just the bartender.
- Cindy is a call girl? Do you think Mr. Casanova pays for it?
- Honestly, I don't know. And I don't think anyone knows. Although everyone knows about their affair, they are discreet about the rest.
- And has he slept with other girls at the club? Like... The ones that dance in the glass boxes?
- I don't know. He shrugged, confused. – Why your interest in Heitor Casanova and his mistresses?
- I... I don't have any interest... I just found him extremely... How can I say ? Idiot.
- Asshole is not exactly an offense to him.
- I called him a disqualified asshole... To his face.
- Did you say that to him? My God, how dare you?
- He sent me to the street... No return ticket. He laughed, shaking his head. “And all because I wanted to pee… That's all.
- "Disqualified Asshole". What would be “disqualified”?
- I need to write this down, in case someone curses me like that someday. For me, disqualified was nothing more than someone who was not classified. – He laughed amusedly.
- I thought anyone knew what "disqualified" meant as an offense. - I was confused.
- I think Mr. Casanova doesn't know what these six very bad things mean secretly. He must think he hasn't been classified... That's all.
We started to laugh.
The app driver trip has never been so fun and interesting. We talked about several things. He even took my phone to help if he knew about jobs, as he took different people to different places so he was always on top of everything.
As soon as I got out in front of the building where I lived, it was already night.
I pressed the elevator button, just hoping it might be working. But it wasn't.
I climbed the stairs, almost crawling I was so tired. My legs still hurt from last night.
As soon as I opened the door, I saw Ben sitting on the couch with a bucket of popcorn and a bottle of red wine. The movie of the time was “Waiting for a Miracle”.
- Movie to cry? I asked, closing the door.
His eyes were bloodshot. I sat next to him and was hugged.
- Ben, what happened? I thought you would be having sex by now.
- It was a perfect night, Babi... And he didn't call me.
- But... It's not even 24 hours yet, Ben. Did he just call right away?
- If he really wanted to, he would have called. In this case “I” would have called already, if I had kept his number. But the bastard just took my phone and didn't give him his.
- Okay, I think you should wait. It's too early to get the call.
- Do you think I'm too clingy?
- Think. I started to laugh as I held him tightly in my arms. “But I love you just the same.
- And you, did you fix yourself?
- Friend, I have a long story to tell...
- And I have time, because I watched this movie about 40 times already. And I'm going to cry... Even though it's the 41st.
- And I know it will be when John Coffey heals the jailer's wife.
I took the remote from the arm of the sofa and turned off the television:
- You will cry when you find out how I got out of Babylon.
He looked at me intently. I started to tell everything that had happened last night, detailing my visit to my grandmother's house, meeting Ana and ending with Daniel.
When I finished, a long time later, he said:
- Babi... Did you meet Heitor Casanova? Shake me because I'm sick, friend.
I started fanning him with my hands, laughing.
- Now tell me a detail: is he as handsome as he seems to be in the media?
- I... I didn't find anything special. Not my type, honestly.
- And what's your type, Babi?
- Men... Real? I wrinkled my forehead.
- Okay, the blonde in the middle who rolls on the pole takes the best-known CEO of Noriah Norte, being his lover... Or in this case, “one” of the lovers.
- You summed it all up in one little sentence. And the idiot kicked me out... Since I just wanted to pee.
- How would he know you just wanted to pee, friend?
- Ben, I don't want to talk about the disqualified CEO and the pole dancing blonde. I want to know about your cat... How was the night? Tell me everything and hide nothing from me.
- Babi, I'm almost unable to sit down. You have no idea of the size of the man... And everything in him. – he joked .
- Yes, I have. When I saw him kissing you, I thought, "Fuck, he's going to destroy my Ben."
- His body was all hard... Pure muscles . He almost had to spoon me together... Because I melted.
- Now give it time. It must have been good for him too. And the man must be well resolved, or he wouldn't have kissed you in front of everyone at the most famous nightclub in the country. He will call.
- I hope you're right, Babi.
- Where is Salma?
- He left early. Said he had some things to take care of. Then he would go to work.
- I'm going to take a shower... And sleep. I'm turned into a human rag... - I said, heading straight for the bathroom.
It was six o'clock in the morning when my phone rang on Monday.
"Hello..." I said, still in a sleepy voice, not recognizing the number.
- Hello, Baby.
- Who is talking? - I sat on the bed.
- The love of your life... But you still don't know that.
- Ben? I asked, bewildered.
- So there's already someone taking my place? Tell Ben I'm going to kill him.
- Who the fuck is talking? I'll go to the police and have the number traced. You will be arrested for threat and...
- Baby, it's me, Daniel.
I was thoughtful a little, trying to get my thoughts in order at this time of the morning.
- You... Don't sleep... Don't you live?
- I'm almost a vampire. - He laughed. – I just got out of Babylon… I think it must be my fifth shift.
- So tell me what makes you call me at this time, Mr Worker...
- I have a friend who works in an expensive restaurant, one of the most sought after by the rich in Noriah North.
- Hmm... And are you going to invite me to have dinner there with you, entering through the back door?
"Well… I want to go in the back door with you, yes…" he laughed. – But I think it's too early for that, Bárbara Novaes. We haven't even walked through the front door yet...
- Daniel, you're a cheeky one. I think your "love" is not so lucky.
- Oh, I can bet you do, Babi. But I didn't call to talk about her. I'm calling because there's a vacancy there.
- I don't know how to cook... Nor wait tables... Nor...
- The vacancy is in marketing, Barbara. You talk too much... I'm driving, so I'm in a bit of a hurry.
- That can give you a fine... I will never accept you as my driver again.
- Didn't I say you talk too much?
- I'm intrigued by one thing: how do you know my last name and that I have a degree in Marketing and Advertising? I didn't talk to you about it.
- Social networks... So simple and so enlightening.
- I haven't updated my social media for a good few years.
- But there is your last name and education. Enough for this special being and completely in love with you, which in this case is me, to want to help you.
- Liar and Convinced.
- Not calling me “disqualified” is the bill. Because within this word contains exactly “six” swear words.
I took a notepad and a pen:
- Address and time of the interview.
- You will speak directly with the owner of the restaurant. That's why you'll have to be there at eight o'clock. Enter the employee area and say you're going for the interview. You have a good indication. – He gave me the necessary data.
- Daniel, thank you!
- As far as I know the owner is not very nice. So, strive to be humble and hold back your words.
- And I'm not? Like this?
- I need to hang up, Baby. I am driving. And don't make up to call the man any bad word, in case he says "no" to you.
- I'm not that type... I would never do that. It's clear you don't know me, Daniel.
- Then give me the opportunity to meet her, Babi... The woman who drinks chocolate beer with pepper, followed by cherry, ending with mint in less than thirty minutes, exactly in that order.
- No! I... You like someone else. I tried to understand what was going on in his head.
- I can dislike immediately.
- I don't want and I won't get involved with anyone, Daniel.
- Hypotheses, Babi... Only hypotheses. Have a nice day and let me know how it went.
- Okay... Thanks again.
I went to the bathroom, taking advantage of not having to wait in line, since Salma must have been sleeping, because she arrived at dawn and Ben still hadn't woken up for work.
Life's dream of consumption: not having to wake up before everyone else to use the shower or not having to stand in line waiting for my turn.
I made coffee and had it with Ben before he left. And the boy still hadn't called him, and he was still devastated. My friend had a habit of falling in love with every man who crossed his path and it made him suffer, most of the time. He never had anyone who was willing to take on a real relationship. And that's all he wanted: someone to love, to share the good moments of life, go to the movies, watch movies with popcorn at home, walk in the square holding hands and dream together.
I think I was the only crazy person who didn't have that as a goal in life: to find someone to be happy with.
My life goal was to completely heal the wounds that were finally starting to heal. And how I wish I could erase the past so it wouldn't make me so scared about relationships.