Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
- To-day I visited the Venus of Medici.
- It was still early, and the little octagonal room in the Tribuna was filled
- with half-lights like a sanctuary; I stood with folded hands in deep adoration
- before the silent image of the divinity.
- But I did not stand for long.
- Not a human soul was in the gallery, not even an Englishman, and I fell down
- on my knees. I looked up at the lovely slender body, the budding breasts, the
- virginal and yet voluptuous face, the fragrant curls which seemed to conceal
- tiny horns on each side of the forehead.