Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 30 Grounds
- "Good morning, darling." The king stands. His eyes run the length of my body and light up. My skin crawls with disgust. I try to hide the feeling, hoping my expression doesn’t betray me.
- "Good morning." I smile and offer a slight bow as I take my seat. I flash Cole a small smile.
- "You are rather cheery this morning. Considering yesterday," the king probes.
- I place a napkin on my lap and take a sip of water. "I have had time to think."
- "What girl wouldn't want to be a princess?" I let out a small laugh to hide my nervousness. My answer seems to please him as his attention returns to his breakfast and away from me.