Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 7 Not What I Thought
- He turned the key in the door and pushed it open. Blinking slowly at me as if I were stupid for pointing it out. He ducked his head and took his glasses off. Dropping them into his palm.
- Oh, my God. He took them off! I was hoping a red cape might unravel from his back. That seemed just as likely to me as him ever taking those stupid things off.
- “Why are you here?” He asked again.
- “You mentioned I should just take the money from my savings.”
- “Seems wise to me.” He crossed the room and ducked into a side room.