Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
Chapter 14 Sleeping Arrangements
- Before I’d even fully dressed, I could hear the movers he’d brought with him lifting side tables and odds and ends.
- Porter knocked and I told him I was dressed.
- He cracked the door and saw I was before pushing it open.
- “Why’d you check?” I asked affronted. “You thought I’d be laying in here waiting for you?”
- “A man can hope. It’s been a minute.” He said.
- Making me flush that he’d beaten me at my own game. “I doubt a very long minute.”