Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
- My name is Danville. I was watching a colorvision program on the first day of
- the Calamity.
- The program was a wrestling match between a woman and a bear. The bear was
- winning when the screen went dark. The announcer's voice faded and I heard
- what sounded like the chatter of my neighbors. When the screen lit up again,
- it showed my own home. The door opened to reveal the hallway to the dining
- room, where I could see my wife sewing a patch on my son's pants. Then I saw
- my daughter experimenting on fudge in the food laboratory and my boy working
- on a bomb model. What surprised me most was a picture of myself staring at
- myself on the screen.
- This wasn't very interesting to me, so I tried some of the other stations. No
- matter where I tuned in, though, I found myself looking at a part of my own
- home. I wrote a letter of complaint to the Universal Program Commission, but
- never even got an answer.