Table of Contents
＋ Add to Library
NOTE TO THE THIRD EDITION
- I avail myself of the opportunity which a third edition of “Jane Eyre” affords
- me, of again addressing a word to the Public, to explain that my claim to the
- title of novelist rests on this one work alone. If, therefore, the authorship
- of other works of fiction has been attributed to me, an honour is awarded
- where it is not merited; and consequently, denied where it is justly due.
- This explanation will serve to rectify mistakes which may already have been
- made, and to prevent future errors.
- CURRER BELL.
- _April_ 13 _th_ , 1848.